Friday, July 30, 2010

Stepping down as manager after this season

Gents:

I  have decided that this will be my last season running the Wilton Red Sox. I have had a terrific time playing with you all and enjoyed the experience immensely. But after basically being on the DL all year and with the prospect of that status not changing I have concluded it is time for someone else to take the reins and help the Red Sox move forward. Perhaps having an artificial hip, a shoulder that feels like there is a sword in it and and eyes that need glasses to read anything are signs the universe is trying to tell me something. If I were to be able play next year it would be in the 38 plus division but my shoulder would have to magically be healed. The orthopedic doc i saw guy told me the MRI I had indicates have a "slap tear" of my labrum-not the best circumstance for a pitcher. But I will try to do some weight work this winter and see how it is next year but in the 38 plus level.


I have had the pleasure of getting to know each of you  and regard each of you as a friend of mine . I very much enjoyed playing with you and watched you have some fantastic performances as we have experienced the joy of baseball. Many of you sacrificed a lot  to play for the Red Sox and I appreciate the effort and energy you put into playing for our team. Advice is often given “to live in the moment” and “live life to the fullest” and your putting energy and heart into an endeavor as you did as Red Sox players is testimony to that and for sharing that I thank you. We had some terrific games together and I will miss the games immensely.

Going forward I hope someone among you takes the reins and keeps the team going. Perhaps you can discuss among yourselves on Sunday.

Whomever it may be you can expect some surprises as you go along but I will write up a list of items that need to be handled to run the team.
There are many ways to run one of these teams and players may have their likes and dislikes about how i ran it but my goal was to make it a good experience for everyone
Now is the time for another guy to put his stamp on the team and of course I wish him the best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment