Sunday, August 23, 2009

Our Season and Going Forward

Gents:

As disappointed as I was with today's result I ended up looking at the brighter side by the time i finished walking our dog. We had a lot of very good games this year and everyone contributed to our success all year. We had some highlights and terrific moment that we hared together and i could feel the camaraderie on the team as we all got along and rooted hard for each other. I loved being on the mound with you guys and I am sure Mike ,Jim and Tim felt the same.


One aspect that was noticeable was we all put the team first. I can think of numerous incidents; Charlie coming out last week for Chuck to run and giving up his at bats but cheering Chuck on, X giving up an at bat here and there ;and rooting on. Players volunteering to have guys play in the field and get some time.. all very positive and that attitude makes playing on our team enjoyable.

And it was a lot of fun! Isn't it great to wake up on a sunny morning and have a game ahead of us to play! I for one have to say I enjoyed it all year . We were in every game but the early Cardinal loss. So lots of good baseball with great guys---not bad for a summer activity!

Jim and I extend our thanks to you guys who all traveled a lot and showed up demonstrating your commitment to the team . Your commitment made running the team a breeze.

I hope you are all in for next year.

Go Red Sox !

No comments:

Post a Comment